WritingClub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PJ's Intro

2 posters

Go down

PJ's Intro Empty PJ's Intro

Post  PJ Wed May 28, 2008 10:03 pm

[i][left][b]Hi, my name is PJ, and I love to write as well as edit. I have been writing since I was in high school...mostly poetry, some stories. But I can only write when I am inspired or moved to do so, which lately, has been seldom. Writing is in my genes, from my dad's side of the family. My aunt was a published writer of poetry, stories and articles. My dad is also quite creative, though he has never had a desire to be published...mainly just shares his work with family. My other passion is music and singing, which I suppose don't really belong right here, but nonetheless I am passionate about them.

I do a lot of reading, and assume I have an OCD condition where the tiniest mistakes that I catch in a book are distracting for me. Right down to whether the quotation marks are facing the wrong way, or if there's an extra space between words. My daughter called me crazy when I showed her once, what I mean. I am hoping to become a very busy soon, as I believe this is the passion that now sits at the top of my list, and it seems that the Lord has been leading me in this direction, as currently, I have the honor of editing Katrina's awesome books, which I am really enjoying. It makes my job easy when the author's style of writing is so down to earth and flows so well, as Katrina's words do.

I am married to Bill, going on 8 years. We met on the internet...that's a neat story for another time...and we've each got a daughter and a son. We will be first time grandparents in just a matter of a couple of weeks. My daughter, who lives across the state (Wisconsin), is due June 10th, and as soon as she goes into labor, I'm taking off to (hopefully) be there for the moment that precious bundle makes an entrance! We don't know the gender, she and hubby chose not to know before the birth. I have a feeling it'll be a girl, and that she'll arrive at least a week early. I'm all packed and my gear is sitting by the door for a quick exit! I'll be spending a week at their house to help her with whatever she needs, and to give her a little rest before tackling motherhood on her own.

We normally only see them once in the summertime and at Thanksgiving time, but I expect we'll be together much more once the baby arrives. Much to their delight, I have also offered to take it home with me whenever they need a break, for however long they can stand to be apart from the baby. Oh, this is another passion of mine. Babies. I always wanted to be a nurse in a neonatal center.

My son also lives in Wisconsin, up north, and Bill's son lives in the Madison area. His daughter lives in Florida, and is a state highway patrol trooper. These three are not married, though Bill's daughter has had a serious relationship with her boyfriend for 3 years now, and they are "talking" about marriage. (This has been ongoing for some time now.) My son has a girlfriend that he's been with for 3 years too, but there's been no talk of a future there...yet. Bill's son does not have a steady girlfriend, and probably never will...a long story.

We enjoy motorcycling together, and have been blessed to be able to live in an area that was made just for our enjoyment on the motorcycle.

I am 55 years old, going on 25 (what can I say? I feel young!). I think I've run out of things to tell for now. Either that or I'm getting sleepy...it's late. So I guess I'll close for now.

I look forward to getting to know everyone who joins us here!
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

PJ's Intro Empty Re: PJ's Intro

Post  Admin Fri May 30, 2008 9:23 pm

Hey girl, as always...great to have you.

You've done an awesome job editing the first book of our series and I can't wait for the finished product to be in our hands. I'm trusting the Lord to bless us abundantly and allow us to sit face to face over coffee and enjoy each other. Won't that be awesome.

I'm also hoping the Lord will bless us as we reach out to other authors and allow them a place to unwind, rewind, and gear up for their next project.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://writingclub.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down